Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thursday 04 March 2010 Cycle Eleven, Day One, Treatment ONE

well it was one heluva day for sure.
my DR appt was for 1:30 we got there early and were seen on time by the Doctor. then we checked in for Chemo and sat there for almost an hour waiting and waiting and waiting----finally one of the Chemo nurses came in and said did you check in ---I looked at my watch and said almost an hour ago----then jokingly I said it was the receptionist fault (turns out it was). Fortunately the Chemo gals all know me, had seen me sitting there and checked into it. Shortly after that, they came and took me back. took two nurses three tires to get in ----- boy am I going to be black and blue for a while. then 15 min (not 30 like it is supposed to be) after I'd been given my Steroids medication, they wanted to hang my Chemo drug and I said NO----the gal in the chair next to me backed me up on that one (giggle). so then my nurse asked me to watch the clock for her and I said OK----knowing full good and well that my alarm would go off when it was time due to the fact that's when my next bottle of water was due to be drank .. Other than a little burning sensation after that everything went according to plan. Didn't get out of there till about 5PM that means it most definitely takes an hour to get home.

Quote of the Week
: All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.-- Samuel Butler

No comments: