Friday, October 29, 2010

Wednesday 27 October 2010 Cycle Five Treatment Two

One of my pet peeves with people who blog is not keeping them updated on a regular basis.......now who is calling the kettle black here.... Well my excuse is I’ve been SICK!!!!

No! I wasn’t sick from the Cancer treatments----well maybe that was part of it, as my immune system is weakened from all the chemo. I came down with a VERY bad case of the cold/flu that turned into Bronchitis. Amber and I spent 10 hours in the ER on Monday night, while they tried to decide whether or not to admit me to the hospital and ran one test after another on me. What a fun place to spend an night NOT!!!! In the end they sent me home with antibiotics and an inhaler to use to help me breathe. Within 24 hours of antibiotics I was (as one friend put it) 1000% better.

Now to get rid of the nagging cough that hangs around forever and ever.
Wednesday, I saw my Oncologist and he said it was ok to go ahead with the Chemo treatment this week. I’ve had the same “normal” to me type of reaction this week as I’ve been having all along.....wide awake for 36-48 hours after steroids and treatment, then I sleep for the next 36-48 hours pretty much----Good thing that’s the time that the University of Oregon Ducks play----the WIN if I sleep

GO DUCKS!!!

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Glad you were able to take antibiotics and feel much better!!!