Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday 11 November 2010 Cycle Five Treatment None--OFF Week

Thank all those who have served and continue to serve.

Well this is my OFF week and unfortunately so will next week be. I must have had a premonition at my last visit to NIH/NCI as I asked them how do I handle illness if it should coincide with a trip back there----- I have come down with the “crud”. Just as I was getting over my Bronchitis, my darling husband brought me a lovely gift-----the “FLU” or Norovirus ----trust me whichever it was, was NOT nice. It has a very very short incubation period of about 36-48 hours and then you get both ends going at the same time with a vengeance. My Granddaughter was so kind as to come over on the weekend and care for me when I was so ill, as Amber was out of town. I could hardly walk, I had to resort to the Wheelchair to get around in my house I was so weak. She went home on Sunday and by Monday evening the poor child was sick. Amber came home from her Softball World Series Tournament (they came in 5th out of a field of 37) and by Wednesday morning she’s down with the flu also. She wasn’t even here for the worst of mine----but it’s in the house obviously. So I called NIH/NCI and told them what was going on here----they said not to come out next week. They’ll call and reschedule me for another time. So I’ve been trying to get all my reservations for next week cancelled and follow up appointments cancelled as I don’t know when I’ll be receiving my next treatment.

That should bring you all up to date for this week...sigh....Hope none of you get this lovely thing.

My quote of the week is: I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Hope you are feeling better after the flu!! Love your quote of the day!!!