Friday, November 28, 2014

28 November 2014 out of Remission report






28 November 2014 out of Remission report
This is most likely the hardest thing I’ve had to write. Over 20 years ago I was diagnosed with non malignant Breast Cancer. I underwent 4 years of treatment at that time for it and got it into remission.
In 2004 sometime I came out of remission without realizing it, even though all my exams came back clear, the sneaky cancer gene was growing. In 2008 the Cancer gene had a major “coming out party” and has been fighting me every which way I turn. Just about the time the Drs all get excited (I went thru 7 or 8 different drugs as well as two trial drugs in their last stage of trial before being approved by the FDA for general public use), this is when they would quit working.
So here I am 11 years (total 20+ years) later, I’m once again out of Remission, very tired and in Hospice, and just starting to settle into a routine with them. How long I have is anyone’s guess, but I’m getting weaker by the day.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I cannot "like" this post, but I love you. It has been my honor to have travelled this journey with you. You are a true warrior--whether it has been fighting through treatments or participating in drug trials in the hopes of finding a regime that works for yourself, but also as important to you, helping to find a cure for others. You are such an inspiration to us, not only in your breast cancer battle, but also in your dedication to the dog world. Through your tireless efforts, you have fostered, provided medical respite, and helped to place countless poodles, beagles, and others in their forever homes. Thank you for being you, my sister. Not an in-law, but my heart sister. Much peace and love. ~Michelle