Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunday 25 July 2010 thru Wednesday 28 July 2010 Cycle two Treatment one.



Home again at last. Yet another memorable trip. I keep providing such FUN times I’m going to run out of people to go with me. there isn’t really time for sightseeing.

My granddaughter Sarah and my sister-in-law Michelle came with me this trip. There was major thunder storm that went thru just before we got here---delayed our arrival by 30 min. Had a taxi ride from HELL----trust me the NY Taxi drivers that you see in the movies----they really do exist. Then got to the hotel and they met us at the door with Glow sticks----must be an omen eh? giggle it was!! the power was out according to the Hotel it was the 2nd largest power outage for PEPCO (power company)---So no internet access, no charging electronics, and Most importantly no AC!! In 100 degree weather with 50 -85% humidity. So not much in line of food at the restaurant---salads or sandwiches. Fortunately NIH has own power plant/or major generators that allow for charging of the electronics and nice selection of food stuff from their restaurants. And most importantly AC. Guess where we spent most of our time just hanging in the lobby.

----Had to have a MRI of my head this trip ---it was most annoying---all sorts of sounds no flashing lights though. Jet planes, jack hammers, soft noises, ticking noises, loud noises, high pitched noises, low pitched ones, constant pounding noise.---you get the idea seem to go forever 20-30 mins. maybe
----these guys take my vision problems seriously---hmmmm


Tuesday at 7:30 AM just as I was stepping into the shower Sarah came in and flipped the light switch and "let there be light" she heard the fan come on and then the TV Flashed at her, so she knew that the power was finally back.

Security has been the pits about Keep-Her this trip. Saying that she NEEDS ID so I ask the clinic and they say NO SHE DOESN"T cause she's a service dog not a Therapy dog and YES the Clinic and main hospital knows that there is a difference!!!!

Other than that treatments are going OK. A few strange side effects this time around. The vision, and numb toes. My toes are numb from the tip to where they form the foot. So I have to wear “close toes” shoes at all times. No pretty little open toes sandals.

~~ Jann and Keep-Her Service Dog Extraordinaire

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Hoping the side effects mean that the "main" effect is working.