Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tuesday 05 June 2010 Cycle one.five, Day Eight, Treatment Two.

Well had my first chemo treatment here in Portland under the new protocol from NCI. It was another long hurry up and wait day. Keep-Her was good as gold and helped other’s take their mind off their problems for a little bit while they discussed dogs with me. It took one nurse two tries to get an IV started and she was about to give up when all of a sudden it worked great, had no problems with it after that. Then she wanted to give me IV form of the drug I was taking in Pill form from NCI----and I told her that I already had the medication. She said but WE always give it THIS way. No you don’t I had it in pill form with my last Chemo drug that I was getting here.
So far “knock on my little wooden head” I’ve not had any nausea or vomiting with this. Let’s hope that I keep it up.
~~Jann