Thursday, December 16, 2010

16 December 2010

Saw Dr R again today and we went over the CT Scan as he now had it on his computer so I could see the results-----it would be nice if he could bring up past ones at the same time so that I could see the comparison that they are talking about.

Then we discussed what I was going to do and I told him that at this point I was still willing to “fight” the Cancer so Chemo it was to be. However I wanted to wait till after the first of the year and my granddaughter’s 18th birthday (I like the cake yummy) so that I could enjoy the holidays. My taste buds have returned and I would like to enjoy Christmas dinner.

The good news is now that I’m off steroids and chemo for the last 6 weeks I’ve lost about 10 pounds. the birthday cake will put the 10 pounds back on

So HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Jann: Have a great holiday!

I was reading research where studies are being conducted about low dose methadone for intractable cancer. I stumbled on it since I know two people using this for treatment of autoimmune conditions. This was one I had not heard of before, but it seems some cancers have an opiate receptor that it effects. I thought of you when reading the research.

You maybe have already tried it, or it may be bogus?? I know people are always probably saying try this or that, but this one didn't seem to have any downsides unless you are takin opiates. I'm keeping it in the back of my mind in case I have a recurrance of my cancer (endometrial) or my mom does of hers (colon), and am going to watch the research. It also might be one you could try even when doing a more conventional treatment.

You are welcome to tell me to go away and not bother you! I was hesitant to even mention it, I found some of this info while you were still in your study. This is my one and only time I will say anything about treatments!

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Jann: Sorry about the error I meant low dose NALTREXONE, not methadone. Methinks I must need some methadone to get my dome working......