Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cycle Three Week Three Thursday 17 March 2011

I’ve completed Cycle Three chemotherapy treatment, so now I get a two week long “Rest Week”. OK well so not entirely a “rest” week in that on Thursday 24 March 2011 I’m to have another CT Scan to see how well things are progressing. The good news is, from my personal checking the drug is working GREAT the tumor has shrunk the most it ever has. . The bad news is I developed a new wrinkle in the Chemo treatment. one of the major side effect reared it's ugly head.......I have very very red and sore feet. I've been putting cream on them at night as I went to bed----one night I forgot to do that, so now they are very red, and painful to walk on (it’s like I’ve been walking on HOT sand in my bare feet).----Had to get the W/C out as my feet are that bad, problem is my hands are also tender so can't really use them on the wheels to propel myself around. I think I need a pair of riding gloves to protect my hands. Today after being off them for quite a few hours and three times putting the cream on them they feel a lot better and I'm at least able to walk little bits without pain (like to potty) as my wheelchair does NOT fit thru that door-----of course the ONE door in the house that the wheelchair doesn't go thru----naturally Now this weekend I have developed GI problems (diaherra) and have to stick close to that room that the wheelchair doesn’t fit into

But I will survive this also.:-)

No comments: