Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday 28 November 2011


Wow I can’t believe that it’s been over a month since I wrote on my blog.

I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving.

On 10 November I saw the surgeon about having a port implanted so that I can start some harsher Chemotherapy treatments. (Oh joy---can’t you tell I’m thrilled?) So that was scheduled to take place on Tuesday 29 November 2011 (oh that’s tomorrow) hopefully in the morning hours. Won’t know time till the day before, the unknown......drives me nuts.

Fast forward to today and about noon they finally called to tell me that I have a 7:00AM date with them. With surgery to be about 9:00 AM which should last about an hour with an hour in recovery, so they think I should be home by noon. They don’t know me-----so we’ll see I promise I’ll try hard to be good.

I don’t know how soon we start the new Chemotherapy drug, I’ll try to keep you updated as I know.

Quote of the week: It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.~~Naomi Williams, Body, Mind and Spirit

2 comments:

poodlesheltiemom said...

Thinking of you. I saw Dr R 12-01and was happy to have everything check OK. I am very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking thinking thinking about you! Hope the surgery went well and the chemo turns out to be more gentle than predicted. Will be watching for your next update and keeping fingers and toes crossed.