Friday, June 8, 2012

07 June 2012



Ok so since I only see the Dr about every 6 - 8 weeks now the reports are further apart.  Still getting my port flushed once a month and that’s not a big deal.  More of a hassle than anything else.

There is some good news. This new drug does seem to be working, so far so good.  But as I told   Dr R yesterday, we’ve gotten this far before with the shrinkage of the tumor than it rears its ugly head again. So we will keep fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that it continues to work in a positive manner.
 
The extreme exhaustion, is the major problem, and the “mini tropical” (Hot flashes) vacations I’ve been having have been interesting to say the least. I’ve been having trouble getting 10,000 steps a day in not my usual 15,000 - 20,000 that I was doing before I stared on this drug. Of course the weather isn’t helping with the outdoor walking either. The wonky vision also tends to keep me home these days. So I spend my time walking on my treadmill or riding the stationary bike. I wonder if I went off all these “wonder drugs” (I wonder what they are doing) if my vision would return to Normal? Whatever that is/was.

On the home front here I lost my little Chihuahua (whom I loved very much) Kerby, Tasmanian She Devil. She had a major stroke and a major  heart a little over two weeks ago.  She has been greatly missed. I rescued her 12 years ago and was told that she was between 2-4 years old at that time.  So she lived a long happy life for 12 years. 


Quote of the Day
A friend is a gift you give yourself.
Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

Friend said...

Sorry to hear that you lost Kerby, I remember when you got her. I just can't believe its been 12 years though I suppose it must be. Hope you keep ok.
Love and hugs Sorinda