Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday 08 August 2012

Yes that's right it's only Wednesday and I'm seeing the DR.  As it turned out, Bothe Amber and the DR changed their schedules at about the same time, so I go on Wednesday's now.  As the DR is at another clinic on Thursday now.  I only see the Dr about every 6 - 8 weeks now the reports are further apart.  Still getting my port flushed once a month and that’s not a big deal.  More of a hassle than anything else.
There is some good news. This new drug does seem to be working, so far so good.   I saw Dr R today, he's excited in that it seems that this drug is working well. So we will keep fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that it continues to work in a positive manner. However I was told that I need to WEAR a HAT when out walking as one of the side effects of this drug is Drug-Induced Photosensitivity 
Keep-Her and I have been walking about 2-2.5 hours a day lately, early in the mornings before the sun gets to hot. 
 Yes she has "doggy tennis shoes" on her feet.  she needs them in the heat we've been having.
 We log between 10-12 miles a day that way. I have started walking the hills around here to help with the cardio/workout. The wonky vision also tends to keep me home these days. So I spend my time walking on my treadmill or riding the stationary bike. I wonder if I went off all these “wonder drugs” (I wonder what they are doing) if my vision would return to Normal? Whatever that is/was.
Last weekend I acquired a"friend" for Keep-Her, she seems to be enjoying her  time out in the back yard doing the doggy 1000 with him. They are already fast becoming great buds. He's 2 years old, color is grey.
 

Keep-Her and Tommy
 
It's that time of year again and we are gearing up, for our annual walk in the Race for the Cure, which is to be Sunday 16 Sept 2012.  How many of you are going to come and join us in the walk this year?
 
Jann the Overcomer.

No comments: