Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Komen Portland Race for the Cure® 2012

Dear Friends and Family,

Once again, my poodles and I will be walking, this September 16th, 2012, we will join more than 30,000 runners, walkers and volunteers for the Komen Portland Race for the Cure.  As one person in a crowd of thousands, I am accepting a challenge to make a difference.

I am a 21 year survivor-----the last 5 I have been OUT of remission and have started the battle anew. I was diagnoses again in April of 2008 and have been receiving ongoing treatment ever since, when one drug quits working we move onto the next one. 

One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.  When I stop to think of the co-workers, friends, aunts, neighbors, mothers and grandmothers in my life, eight women easily come to mind.  And I do not want to see a single one suffer from this terrible disease.
I want to make a difference for our children, so they have the promise of a full life.
Will you help me?  The size of your contribution is not important, because every dollar adds up and makes a difference, providing breast cancer education, screening and access to quality healthcare in our Oregon and SW service area.  Early detection saves lives.
Not a fan of online gifts....If you would prefer, you can mail your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below.  Please just include a note on the memo line that indicates the gift is on my behalf so that you will receive credit on my fundraising page and I'll know you made a donation on my behalf! 

Komen Portland Race for the Cure®
Unit 15
PO Box 4500
Portland, OR 97208

Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.  Thank you for joining in our promise to create a world without breast cancer!

ONE way or another I will do the RACE for the CURE again this year.

Sincerely,

~~Jann

No comments: