Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cycle Ten, Day One, Treatment One

Amber, Roxanne, Sarah were with me today for my monthly visit with Dr Mark today. He can’t feel the lump in the breast, but can still feel the one under the arm. So he gave the go ahead for round 10 of Chemo Therapy. However he’s STILL/AGAIN/YET talking surgery after this go around of Treatments. We’ll see what the next CT scan say after this go around of treatments.---SoOOOO most likely May? By the time I’m off Chemo long enough to not affect the surgery or healing times.

While chatting with the research nurse today she asked me what i was giving up for lent---handed her my *pills* about the same time as Roxanne said *chemo* she about fell out of her chair LOL so hard

Mack showed up in time to sit with me for a bit during chemo----they get cranky if your *guest* stay longer than 10 min at a time, which I don’t think is right---but they didn’t ask me. They hook you up to an IV and other than to change bags, your existence is hardly acknowledged by the staff.

. I seem to be more tired these days. I have not done much walking in the last week or so.

Food has weird taste----you know plain bread or dry toast and water is about as good as it gets taste wise.

Roxanne’s Brother-in-law is back up here at OHSU hospital. You can follow his progress on his blog http://www.bigmikemckay.blogspot.com/

So that should bring you up to par on my boring two weeks worth surviving.

~~Jann
Jann the Overcomer The beginning

No comments: