Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday 21 July 2011

My toenail has finally started to grow back, however it is still very tender when the dogs step on it (even with my shoes on).actually got a blister on it that has not, cleared up this go around, and appears infected to me. The blisters on the balls of my feet were not quite as bad this go around, but I still I took to my wheel chair for several days as walking hurt too much. I think that this is a side effect that'll come up with every cycle. The hands still get red and feel like I have glue on the fingers but they are not pealing as bad as they did at first. I think the vitamin E cream and gloves at night are helping a lot. The pharmacist suggested that I might use bag balm if the vitamin E cream quit working.

Saw Kathryn Nurse Practitioner today, she addressed the cellulits (infection) in my left great toe, the one that I lost the nail from three months ago. She put me on Clindamycin 300 mg 1 tab 4 times a day for 10 days and Percocet for pain.

Told her that the other blisters on my feet was all better today---I said but of course it’s DR’s day so why would it still be there. She had a good chuckle over that one.

This weeks quote:
Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us. -- Thomas L. Holdcroft

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is good news Jann! That you are doing better with the nasty "hand-foot" side effects! Lots of comforting, healing and caring thoughts going your way!

Laney and her entire family