Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cycle Nine Weeks One and Two 08 Sept thru 22 Sept 2011

I've been remiss in keeping this updated. I hang my head in shame.

Saw Dr. R two weeks ago, he’s gave the go ahead for Cycle nine. So after an extra week off of Chemotherapy I am back on it again. I've been having a lot of leg, hip and arm pain. The pain in the leg and hips is so bad at times that I can hardly walk, and it has caused me to fall a couple of times even with the aid of my walker.

The bone scan came back “No new findings” (which I was sure that is what it was going to say), However the bone scan did show that I have DJD (degenerative joint disease) also known as Osteoarthritis (OA). He said to keep doing what I've been doing, and that he'd see me in 4 weeks again.
Last Sunday 18 September 2011 was the Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Portland. My Daughter Roxanne did the 5K timed run in 32 min. besting her own time, then she, her husband and their two daughters, Amber, My sister-in-law Michelle, our friend Susan, Kasen (2 year old Amber was watching for the weekend) Keep-Her and I and 50,000 other close friends and relative walked the 5K walk. I pushed my wheelchair but I did manage to walk the whole way. The last mile was a killed but my stubborn streak kicked in about then and by hook or by crook I was going to finish walking again this year.
So here it is almost a week later and my feet are finally rebelling. I've been trying to walk around 15,000 steps a day getting ready for the walk and also trying to keep it up, but now last night my feet said that they've had enough for a while and that I need to take a bit of a break. So I'll sit back and try to relax for a day or two.

No comments: