Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cycle Ten ---- Not Happening

Thursday 06 October 2011

Saw Dr R today and the news was not good. But then I already knew what he was going to say as I can SEE the tumor under my arm and watching it grow was not a good sign. It has made a lot of progress in the last 3.5 years in shrinking. It was to the point where the goose egg was down to about the size of a humming bird egg. In other words I could not longer see it and had to actually feel for it. But it has now grown to the size of a large hen egg and I can see it quite easily-----don’t have to feel around for it. The one in my breast is also more readily felt again also. He kept saying “but the bone scan was good it showed nothing new so that’s good news.”

So in order to start chemotherapy drug #5 I have to have a Portacath put in, as we are getting into so heavy duty drugs that can do more damage to the skin if the drug were to come into contact with it. Oh yeah!!! I am not looking forward to having another huge lump on my body. This portacath is surgically implanted into my chest wall and inserted directly into the subclavian vein. The one that the surgeon showed me is about the size of a quarter in diameter and about the height of a stack of about a $1.00 worth.

Nothing has been scheduled yet so who know when we start all this fun stuff.

So that’s the news on the home front here.

Amber and I are getting settled into our new home slowly but surely. The unpacking seems to take a lot longer than the original packing up of stuff. We are enjoying our new house and the neighbourhood. We have a park (Risley Park) that is about ¼ mile away and it has a ¼ mile walking path on it. The dogs love it. They (city/county) are putting in a walking trail (called trolley trail) that is about two blocks from here and it will go for several miles. I believe that it will eventually connect to the “spring water” trail and to the walking path that goes along side of the I-205 freeway.

Quote of the week

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways. -- Anonymous

No comments: