Friday, January 16, 2009

Cycle Eight, Day Fifteen, Treatment Three

Keep-er and I both have been walking on the treadmill together----she joins me now on her own. We’ve also done a couple of outdoor walks this week as the weather has been dry, crisp and cool enough for it.

Amber, Mack and Roxanne were there with me this week, so I had some company and I requested a TV again.

Along about Tuesday the research nurse called and said that the Sponsor of the study now requires a MUGA test (The MUGA scan (MUltiple Gated Acquisition scan) is a noninvasive test that produces a moving image of the heart. From this image, the health of the heart’s major pumping chamber (the left ventricle) can be assessed.) So she scheduled for today Friday 16 January 2009 @ 3:00 PM. When I checked in to get my dye injection for the Bone Scan they said ummmmm we have a problem we cannot do both test today, as the two dyes are NOT compatible with each other. So you have a choice, we can do one or the other today. However if you choose NOT to have the Bone scan it cannot be done next week was we are OUT of dye and cannot get any by then. We can schedule the MUGA for next week no problem----I said not much of a choice really –we do the bone scan today. MUGA test rescheduled for Monday 19 January 2009 @ 8:00 AM before I start drinking the prep for the CT scan, so that stuff won’t interfere with it either.

I won’t get the results for two weeks when I see the DR next.

Veins playing hard to get today----took two tries to get the IV started. First one (in the back of the hand, by the pinky) hurt like @#$#$ as she put it thru the vein causing a big welt and bruising. The second one (in the wrist by thumb) hurt a little as it went in but then was ok once she got it hooked up to the IV and running.

So that’s my report/gripe session for this week. Other than that things are pretty much the same.

Now aren’t you sorry you asked?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No never sorry Jann. I read every week and you are in my thoughts and prayers always. Take care my friend, love Sorinda and her Belgian Boys