Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cycle Eight, Day One, Treatment One


Happy New Year every one Sent from my Daughter up at Ski Bowl on Mt Hood

Today was a very long confusing day----they are playing catch-up from last week *snow days off work* and trying to stay on top of this week’s regularly scheduled appointments. We got there at 11:00 AM a half hour early for my 11:30 AM appointment; they checked me in as usual. ONLY thing is they forgot to tell the Dr's nurse that I was there! An hour and half later they took me back (only hour late from scheduled appointment).
After I got done with him I had to chat with the research people, then they were on hold for 45 min trying to get my research drug approved for release so the pharmacy could fill my RX.but she got it. So I’m BACK on the Study Drug after being off of it for 5-6 days….By then it was lunch hour and the infusion room was short staffed, I finally got called back for my two hours of Chemo. The Chemo drug got hung at 2:57 PM.
Of course NOW the rest of my schedule is all messed up . Other than that life goes on as usual.

No comments: