Wednesday, September 1, 2010

31 August 2010 Cycle three Treatment two

Saw Dr E. today; He signed the orders for me to continue with the Study treatments here in town. What silly little protocol that they have. I got a call the day before reminding me of my appointment then later in the day I got another call telling me that he’d been double booked and would I come in in the afternoon instead of the morning. I said sure but in the back of my mind I had a feeling that I had now double booked either me or Amber for something but there was nothing written on my calendar.----Up sure enough Amber had another appointment that was most likely going to conflict since the clinic is always slow to get us in and out. I got a hold of Mack and he was able fortunately in town and able to help us out.
Treatment went well. Took one nurse one try to get in today. Had a yucky tingly taste in my mouth about 5 min after Chemo started. This lasted all thru the infusion and for about 20 min after wards.
I have again signed up to do Race for the Cure this year. However Keep-Her and I’ll be “Flying for the Cure” instead. As I’m scheduled to fly back to NIH that day, for my next treatment go around.

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Glad that you are continuing and hopefully improving!