Thursday, October 30, 2008

CYCLE SIX Day ONE Treatment Week ONE

I got this note from my Doctor last night-----"The blood cells are OK and the liver tests are also fine."


Today Thursday 30 October 2008
I started cycle six today. Saw the DR today, we talked about how well Chemo seems to be working for me. The lymph nodes appear to have gone down more, so that they are harder for him to find. Somehow or another I lucked out today and got one of the **Private** room again, so Mack and Roxanne sat and visited with me for the whole time I was receiving treatment which I tolerated. I swear when they hung the Paclitaxel (Taxol®), I could taste it----yuck!! I had one episode during my treatment, where my right hand started to swell (hand with the IV in it),get cold and was also was painful on the outer under side of the wrist. Mack got the Nurse to look at it and she gave me a hot pack to rest my arm on and told me to elevate the hand more than the elbow. That seemed to help some. Now that I’m home the swelling has gone down, hand is back to normal size again, with minimal bruising.

No comments: