Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cycle 1 Day 21 Wig and Vampire Day

OK, So today we planed to go and buy mom a wig. It was also the day to visit the vampire and do doggie doo doo duty!

When we get there mom is getting ready. When it comes time to do her hair... well let's just say I think she won the shedding game with the dog. I (being the caring/sensitive daughter that I am) got out the "CAT HAIR BRUSH" and offered to help. (she ran away and I think did or said something else I shouldn't relay here.) Sarah got out the "de-hairer" thing, lint brush by another name. And de~haired grandma's shirt. complaining that she was wearing a white T-shirt will shedding BLACK HAIR!!!!!!

Wig shop first, the bad new they lady wouldn't let us take any pictures in her store! :( They had one that we looked at all gray and curly.. I said that would be OK, IF she wanted to look like her mother! She passed. So we went with some other colored wigs just too much of a difference. I agree they almost all looked wiggy! After trying on a lot we came to one that is a look that she had a few years back, and the gray is gone!!!!

Then it's off to the vampires! Mom thinks she's got the system figured out this time. Has Sarah stand in one line and get the "number" for the other line. The line Sarah is in is ready first, it's to get her BP done. But she still has to wait about 1/2 hour they say. Then it's time to talk to the vampire... There seems to be a problem not sure what so I get up with the crutches to see what the mater is. The computer system is down!! This means that they have to do it all by hand. Good thing for the blue card that helps them speed things up. After a long delay and about a hour later we are out of there.

Now later this evening the results are back. Moms white blood count is down to 2.4 this makes her very susceptible to germs. So the idea of taking her to the 4th of July parade is now off. But we will still be doing a small family BBQ. She also had a small fever tonight however as of right now it has broken and is back to normal.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow is the phone call with the nurse and then it's time for family on Friday.

Rox~

OK I'll add my two cents worth here also----After having soup for supper---not much in the house at the moment to eat. Need to get the grocery shopping done soon. I took about an hour and half nap during which time my fever broke, now I'm all sweaty. Also took my temp again and it was down to 98.6 (which is still elevated for me but not too bad)

~~Jann

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where are the pictures??? We want pictures!! How else will we be able to identify you when we see the new you??

Your ever luvin' Sys

Anonymous said...

OK so let me get this right... You loose your hair but you get a wig ~ and I go bald with you but get SUN BURN ummmm

You just crak me up JANN I can't wait to see the new HAIR DOO when D gets back we will take the Pink strip
OFF !

Thank you for letting me be on your "TEAM"

Your friend SOB ~

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooo glad the temp is down and hope you had a great shower. We do want pictures you know. Don't keep your fans waiting. Thoughts and prayers going up for you.

Love ya
L

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie and Rox,
Thanks for the update and I am glad your fever is better. I was sort of hoping for a picture too of your hair. You are in my prayrs Auntie.
I am also praying for you too Rox and so glad your foot is healing nicely.
Love and prayers,
Tina Telfer