Thursday, July 17, 2008

cycle 2 day 8

OK so it's been a while. #1 rule in our family is no news is good news. #2 I've been busy camping.... Hey mom's been doing great, so we could get away for a moment. I did check in with her while I was gone a few times a day by text, and talked to her for a while on Sat on the phone.

Wed: Vampire day. It went as usual nothing too fun or strange to report on that.

Thursday: treatment day. What can I say, the biggest new to report there isn't about mom but me. I walked into the clinic today!!!! No more wheel chairs for me! Thank goodness, I was tired of being ran into walls. ( I love my daughter but she's fun to bug about one oops). We met the nurse and we go over mom's labs all is looking good there are things that are low and things that are high... but as the nurse says that's what they want so it's all good. That means mom gets her date with Baxter.

This treatment seamed to make mom more tired than some of the last ones. She came out of the treatment wanting to take a nap.

SO there are a few interesting things to report.
1) The hair is hanging in there, yet getting thinner. The bright side of less hair... It dries a lot faster!

2) "Chemo brain" moment of the week. OK there may be more than one, but only one we can remember at the moment. Mom had a bill to pay. The amount (for argument sake) was $136.00 Mom paid the bill. Got a call from the company that said you wrote your check wrong. In the number amount mom wrote $136.00 then the next line when it came time to write it out she wrote "One hundred and 36/100" OOPS. I'm thinking she's found a new way to delay payment on a bill!!!!!

3) the quote of the week. When asked How are you doing?
"I'm soooooooooooooo boringly fine even Research doesn't call any more"

OK the research nurse calls but mom's doing so well that boring is GOOD!!

Thanks for you continued good thoughts and prayers. They are obviously working if mom is soooo boringly fine!

Roxanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sterday I took time out from my dogly duties to go and have lunch with Jann after her chemo treatment. This is the first time I’ve seen her with my own two eyes since Mom’s memorial service. I’m very pleased to report that she is looking good. Her skin is nice and clear, and she seems in good spirits, if a tad (master of understatement talking here) tired.

If one didn’t know, there was only one tiny telltale sign that she is in chemo. She was wearing her bandanna with bangs. For those who KNOW Jann, she hate hats, but even so, when she turned her head in a hurry, her eyes met her “hair” (sisterly giggle) A bit of toupee tape would take care of the problem, except for a minor detail. Tape and Jann don’t get along together. She has nasty reactions.

Love you kid – Sys, the puppy sitter

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today, and just the thought of speaking with you made me smile. Hope you are holding up well through the long days of seige.