Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hello to all. So yes I (Roxanne the daughter/regular bog updater) have been slacking on my duties. As you've seen it's been more a case of no news is good news. I must say that every one was taken with having keeper at mom's last treatment. I wonder if having Keeper there was the reason for the privet suit. If so maybe she should take her more often.

OK on to today. Today was Nutrition, and CAT scan day! (no dog aloud! ;) )

We start of with four of us and the kid's going. Besides Mom and I there is Dave (cook number 1) an Susan (cook number 1). Yes I put them both as cook number one because they both are willing to go to this meeting and cook for my mom, and that make them both #1 in my book!

If you haven't heard this part yet Mom is ES pos. That means that she needs to avoid "SOY" If you look at the back of the labels on the food you eat most to all have soy in them! Mom is lactose intolerant, making things a little harder and if you add food that can trigger latex reaction that mom can be sensitive to, then there's not much left in the way of options. SOOOOOOOOOOOO the reason we are at the appointment.

The good news, they are talking a percentage point's of soy! believe it or not SOY SAUCE is OK!!!!!!! To nut shell it for folks it is stuff like soy milk, and all that good vegetarian fake food that she can't have. It's reopened to door to food all over again. (Now if we can just make it taste good for her!!!!!

On the way home from the appt mom's head got HOT, so she took off the scarf, that made what hair she had stand straight up on end reminding me of "the scary guy" caricature I use to have a watch of. I couldn't stop laughing! ;) really it was funny to me.

Susan made a promise a while ago, that she would shave mom's head if she didn't loose it. WELL next thing you know mom is on the back porch and Susan has the dog grooming shears in her hand. In the end "mom now has her 'show cut' going on"! It looks good and I don't have the laugh attacks that I was before! ;)

We went from that to the CAT scan. Not much to report on that. We shall find out in the next few days the results. Hoping for good results.

This is mom's OFF WEEK! The good thing is we don't have treatment, however this is when her white count drops to dangerous levels. SO she's staying home or whereing her mask when she goes out.

Hope you enjoy the picture show.

Roxanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you are a HERO to me YOU LET ME SHAVE YOUR HEAD LOL !!! Jann once again I have just gatta say you ROCK ! your friend SOB