Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cycle 2 Day One

Well it was touch and go there for a while as to whether or not I was going to be able to keep my date with Baxter this week. Since my White count was down last week, then I ended up in the Emergency Room with a fever (101.5) of unknown origin. The white count BARELY made it into the “normal” range at this weeks blood draw.. The Doctor decided that it was OK to go ahead with the Chemo treatment. The *Sutents* (SU011248) dosage has remained the same, two pills once a day at 8:30 AM. Other than my hair getting a lot thinner no major side affect noted.

It was funny when Mack met us at the DR office on Thursday, he looked at me and said I'm going to buy you a hat with bangs. we all LOLROF at him He had NO clue that is what I was wearing (the Bandana with bangs) already. After my appointment when he walked me out to the car, I pulled my bandana off to show him my "lack" of hair. It's a toss up as to which one of us has the most still.
~~Jann

PS Roxanne is obviously comfortable with my treatments---she and the family are off camping in the mountains. however she does Text me several times a day to check up on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann, all is going well here with our favourite Golden. He is loved dearly and is responding well by working well.
Weather is warm and humid, one thunderstorm so far.
Great to hear you are being good while I am away........Jac

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good day today.

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann,
Thinking about you...hope it's a good day!!
Barb and Cheers