Friday, June 13, 2008

Cycle one treatment (1-1)

Before my Chemo Therapy treatment we had an hour appointment with the Research nurse going over all the lab results, what they look for what values they want what values get them "excited" and they need to do something different.

well today at 3:00 PM I started my Chemo therapy regimen first of all they have to put an IV in-----there is lies first problem---I'm allergic to any and all adhesives, , latex, spandex, lycra, nylon. Just HOW do they a fix the IV needle to my arm? I have been known to tolerate Tegaderm HP---so that's what they used today. Once they got the IV in and gave me a 250 cc bag of D5W then piggy backed one at a time three different medications. 1) a steroid, 2) Pepcid 3) benadryl ----THEN came the big guns. the Chemo drug Taxol I also started the Sutent (*the pill*) Ate ,popsicles and drank water, visited with family and friends. As I'm laying there Rox says *we/you* are going to have to "name" your friend there that you are having a date with every week. I looked at it, had paper work hanging from it----on the back said it was a BAXTER---So I'm dating Baxter now

then the nurse taking the IV out said that he was going to use something called Coban (very similar to vet wrap) I said NO you won't---see that spot there on my arm----that was from that. He didn't want to use the Tegaderm HP.

So far I'm feeling OK! I'm tired but I think that's because I missed my nap today. Those of you whom I was visiting with NO it was NOT your fault. I would NOT have slept any how.----I'll admit it I have *nose trouble* I want to know what's going on around me at all times. I seldom sleep whenever I'm in the hospital, unless they sedate me and then I refuse to come out of it-----so it's a vicious cycle.
~~Jann

Susan, one of my supporters. She has also offered to shave her head when I lose my hair. Any one else going to join us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jann-
You don't know me, but I want to thank you. I stumbled across your blog and it's been an inspiration for me to not give up the fight.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

yes Jann we will go hairless TOGETHER ! your hair better not grow in faster then mine :)

Beaglemom13 said...

I love the pink hair, Suze! And Jann I'm so glad Suze is there to make you smile and even laugh!

You remain in my prayers,
Gail