Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Delayed!

I know you are all anxious to hear how things went yesterday. This will be edited by someone as time allows, but here is a quick update on the events of the day.

Yesterday on the way to the first appt., Jann got a call from the care facility where her mother lives. Grandma's/Mom's time on Earth was coming close to the end. After a group meeting, phone calls, hugs, tears, and a consult with Jann's oncology nurse, it was decided to postpone the start of her treatment and to all go be with Grandma/Mom.

Family was gathered at Grandma's/Mom's bed side well into night. At about 3:15 AM, she passed away.

Thanks for all of your support and prayers. We really needed them yesterday. We will let you know when the new date for starting treatment will be.

Roxanne

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rox and Jann and family,
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Thanks so much for the update.
God bless you all,
Tina Telfer

Anonymous said...

Jann and Rox
Just read this morning's blog. Del and I are saddened by your mom/grandma/s passing. When it rains it pours it seems. Our thoughts are with you at this very difficult time. Ginny and Del

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Jann and Family....God is with you all and will help you through this difficult time....Love to you......Meribeth

Anonymous said...

Dear Jann and Family,
I was so sorry to read about your loss. My prayers will be for all of you to get through this difficult time as easily as possible.
Please take extra good care of yourself, Jann.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I am deeply saddened also for my Grandmother's death. But tremendously relieved for her as well, as it was well past her time to be allowed to rest in peace and to join her husband as he rests. Jann I know you have decided to delay treatment for a short period of time, and I do hope you keep it to a VERY SHORT delay. I know you must be exhausted and sleep deprived from all of this, and while perhaps not my place to say, I do hope you look after YOURSELF first in all of this. Remember you have 3 siblings who are all very capable. Everyone knows you will always remember and cherish your mother, but you can not do anything more important for her now than to take care of YOU!

Love your niece,
Teresa

Jann the Overcomer! said...

Hey Teresa,

I agree with what you have said. Jann was will taken care of yeasterday, as the staff at the care facility made sure she ate lunch, and that we got her dinner too. I will be doing everything I can to make sure that this IS A SHORT delay!

I truly feel it is a blessing so that now Jann can focuse on HER and HER HEALING.

Thanks for your care and support. I'll let you know if/what we need.

Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Jann and Family ,

Jann I know you were where you wanted to be last night , you were where you always are ~ right by your moms side . Bless you and your family . Please remember though this difficult time we love you and are here for you. I believe your parents are looking from heaven just smiling and feeling so proud to have you as there daughter.

Susan