Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 14 cycle 1

So Today was a busy day for us. See the photos show below if you haven't already. The pictures. The photos below are of a good friend of mom's showing her support as most of us women wouldn't. I ask any one of the women reading this blog "WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER??" I'm her daughter, and the most radical thing I can do is get "pink hair extensions' to show my support!

Today is the day before treatment and true to form, I'm writing this late at night. The reason for that is that on Wed we go over to mom's so Sarah can do the back yard "dog duty" (picking up dog stuff that grandma can't anymore). We get home late after that.

Sarah has also taken to the job of grandma's "vampire buddy!" Meaning that Sarah goes with her to the dr for the weekly blood draw. This way, she can be the "ears for grandma". Sarah really enjoys doing this as beside the ugly task of 'dog yard pick up,' she feels useful. The 'young ones' as we are told aren't allowed back in the chemo treatment room. This is due to the reproductive systems... So Sarah had a great amount of pride and "helpfulness" over being with grandma at the vampire's today.

Jann will have an EKG (I think) tomorrow and then her treatment. We now know that it will last into the lunch hour. It took some doing, but mom got the dry ice so we can take her otter pops tomorrow for treatment.

Please keep good thoughts and prayers for us as we have the 3rd treatment of cycle 1. Mom still feels the tumor shrinking!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well yesterday. You are constantly in my thoughts, Jann.
Glad that Sarah is able to help and that she feels good about helping.
Chin up
Barbara and Mickey

Anonymous said...

Jann, Hope all is well. Been sending good thoughts and prayers your direction. You are always in my thoughts.

L.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann,

It is such a delight to hear the treatments are going well so far. I'll keep praying!! Glad your spirits are still doing well. As you know more than me, it is so important. I was reading a story a couple of days ago about a lady who was told she had in-operable cancer and had 6 months to live. She said she decided that day to live each remaining day as if it where her last day. She said I have been doing this now for the last 14 years!!! I know there are no promises in this life, but what an inspiration.

Your family sure is a hoot, chipping in on the doggie duties and visiting you as you visit the vampire-grin!

Here is an other inspiration for you-big, big news that I have kept very quiet (sneaky devil that I am)!! I got married last Friday. Oh don't worry, she's a dog lover-LOL!!!!!!! Her name is Cheryl. If you want a grin, you can take a look at the wedding photos-I'm the shaven head guy.
http://picasaweb.google.com/nancykroeker/Wedding

I have only told Jac on the TP list.

Keep the chin up and know I am praying for you!! Hey, now that I am married, maybe you should begin praying for me once in a while-BG!

Love,
Antony and Lambeau

sunshine said...

WOW !! Anna darn sexy , I love it !!!
Antony I will keep it a secret also, but I am so happy for you !!! big smile, hugs to you and Cheryl....:)
Now Jann...hang in there, I know this is rough, not fun and in general it SUCKS !!!
However, with all the love and support around you I know you will get through this .
Between your funny, sponky family and your loving nutty friends... you are in good hands ..well cared for...besides you have Keeper !!!

As for the vampire lady bring some garlic that might help !!! My grandmother used to wear it around her neck to keep the vampires away as well as everyone else.. NO, I am not making that up !!! she was an odd human..also cut her hair only when she planted a potatoe in the ground during a full moon, she never exlained that one to me...
Have a good 4th,, enjoy the Fire works or do what I do and go to bed early and ignore it all :))
Love ya Lady
Hugs Sunshine