Saturday, June 21, 2008

day 9 cycle 1


So to day was spent hanging out at moms much the same as any other day. All of us just resting and waiting for it to be time for to go. I will say ("knock on wood" every one!) that so far mom has seem to be handling the medication fairly well. Thursday night mom was AWAKE most of the night. It's a side affect of one of the meds that they give her on Thursdays. It's been decided that Sarah (the natural night owl) should stay with her on Thursday nights and the two can Party All Night Long together. ;)

Friday mom had some Flushing (another side affect to look for) in her face. Not too bad. The nausia (KNOCK ON WOOD AGAIN) hasn't been a problem yet.

Today's Funny story: While sitting out back Rox in the Sun and Jann in the Shade talking and haveing some nice quite mother daughter time. Rox reaches up to her hair and runs her hands through it. In doing so she pulls out a hand full of hair. Then she does it again and more hair comes out. Sitting there with a hand full of hair she looks at Jann and said "how does this work? YOU go through chemo and MY hair falls out!" Jann just about showers Rox with water as she starts to laugh so hard!
SO that you all don't freak out, my hair (Rox)sheds by the handfuls in the summer time and when it get's long. SO this is a normal thing for me.

OK back to the events of Fri. We load the medic van and head to the grave side area. There is cloud cover but it's muggy. We have brought wheel chairs for Mom and I. (due to mom's hips and other problem, and my foot) I'm sitting in the van and all I see out the side door is mom in her wheel chair SPEEEEDING past me, and no one is hanging onto her. She's headed towards the curb, if she hit's it it's going to be a header for sure. Dad come running from across the parking lot and catches the wheel chair just moments before she hits the curb. Oh OK now we can all breath I get in my chair more carefully and make sure people are hanging onto it before I get in.

Ok not to to make this about me/Rox.. but it's the other funny story of the day... Well it's funny now.

As we head out of the waiting area, Dad pushing mom, Sarah pushing me.. Oh wait you guys you must come back for the rose's. (every one is to have a rose during the ceremony). Sarah stops my chair and spins it around. Nether her or I are paying attention to the concrete wall on the side of the bridge we are on. OUCH! OUCH!OUCH! My foot met the wall! The protective boot I was wearing scrapes the wall rubs on the padding at the incision site. As I scream in Pain (it was intense, and I know that Sarah didn't mean to do it, and it wasn't her fault. It just hurt) Sarah went running off into the grave yard.

Dave comes running up to me to find out what happened, as Sarah went running off she runs past her grandparents. Dad/Grandpa Mack went running after her... I really hope mom wasn't on a hill again! After checking me out Dave went after Sarah. My cousin is trying to hand me a rose, but first he must wait for me to take some pain pills. I've been doing good not to take them all day but now seams like a GOOOD TIME. I turn around and am now being pushed by someone else and I see my mom trying to sit walk her wheel chair back up to me to see what happened. Oh the drama of a funeral.

Sarah gets over being upset, and we proceed on to the grave side. It was a very nice service and uneventful after that point. I do want to thank the rest of my family who help both mom and I down the steps and over to the grave site. It was greatly appreciated.

If you happen to know my grandma Jann's mom, feel free to post a story about her, or send mom a story in an e-mail.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers



Roxanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone could use a quiet, restful, snoozy day.
With chocolate.
Sweet dreams.