Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 8 cycle 1 Treatment Day

Well today was the second treatment day. Amber was great at driving the "medic" Van to the appointment. She had to put up with every one giving her there directions on how to get the the clinic. There is more than one way and well no one likes to go the way the other person likes to. As we are heading around turn after turn (I hate turning) just to get back to the road that mom said we should have taken in the first place. I can't help but ask if anyone knows where we are? "You are getting a tour of Portland.. now be quite!"

Finally arriving at the clinic we send Sarah into get a wheel chair for Rox. The one she picks doesn't have the leg going up on it... So I ride into the clinic and find one that works right. Mom has to use the bathroom and asks if I do to. Yes it seams that as I've been laid up I always have to go. (drives Sarah nuts. She's threaten to not let me drink water anymore) As mom (the cancer patient) pushes daughter in the chair with her foot sticking up ready to goose anything that may get to close down the hall, it strikes me funny and I just start laughing all the way to the bathroom. No one else seems to see my humor, guess it's the pain pills I'm on. Oh well.

Mom get weighed she's lost 10lbs they say. OK after some talk about this the 10lbs has been in the last month. Not the last week! It's not such a bad thing but they want to watch it and make sure she doesn't loose too much too fast. I keep telling her I don't want to find it either! Mom's lab work is all good. They adjusted her chemo meds to day down a bit from last week due to the weight loss. It's based on you BMI. Then it time to take her back into the infusion room. Only she can go now. We can't have parties in there with her. So we are stuck out in the family room.

Well I wasn't drug out of the house to be there for my mom when I'm suppose to be on bed rest, only to not be able to entertain her. So... Modern technology is a great thing. I send her a simple text first. She text back. It appears that texting on the phone is OK in there. Actual phone calls are not too encouraged as you are sitting next to people who may not want to hear your conversation. Ask Mrs grumpy next to mom today at one point. Well just simple text get boring after a while, so I send her a picture text. She sends one back. Then well my phone and hers takes and receives video clips. So the cheer leading section sent her a video. That she loved! they may be able to separate us but they can't keep us apart!

After a long apt. No one seemed to be prepared for it to be a 3 1/2 hour long apt. We finally got to go home.

Mom is doing great. I took a nap for her (hey anything I can do to help my mom) Sarah did more yard work. I'll be glad when I can get back on my feet and help out around the house for her more. In the mean time Amber gets to drive the medic van around town with us for the weekend!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEE


Roxanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad for the update so soon after the fact. Jann is always in my prayers and I am so glad to hear the tumor is shrinking already. Just be careful not to lose too much weight cuz that will mean I will have to lose a lot faster than I am. Love to Jann and family and caretakers. Keep up the good work and glad to hear "service dog" is learning more useful tricks.

Lisa