Sunday, June 15, 2008

The first weekend

Roxanne here: Well you must all be wondering how mom is doing. The short of it is she's doing good. She spent the weekend with us so we could keep an eye on her. Also being fathers day weekend we had a BBQ planed.

Friday night Jann had a bout of nausea, that seems to have been more do to something she ate than the medication. It lasted about an hour, and she didn't have any last night and was able to enjoy the BBQ dinner we had.

She is a little more tired these days, so when she disappears from the computer it could be a spontaneous nap time.

Humorous moment from the weekend. Picture this; Mom's got her head in a bowl, sitting on a computer chair. The advice nurse on the phone wants to know if she is peeing? All mom can think of is "Why is there a puddle under me? I don't think I'm peeing right now." (what the nurse wanted to know was how her out put had been during the day.)

Then we ask Jann if she wants an otter pop. (kind of a Popsicles for those that don't know) She said yes she would. Next thing I know she has the otter pop plastered up to her forehead to cool her off. I'm not sure whom was less clear on the concept of what the otter pop was going to be used for.

To quote my brother-in-law "the dot's weren't connecting"

Have a good Fathers day, and thank you for your care and support.

Rox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you. Be sure to listen to your body and let yourself take those naps, as it asks. We love you and wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jann the WEEKEND ROCKED ! Your strength and courage inspires me everyday. now don't go getting a big head ya no I'm easy LOL ! your friend Susan aka pinky

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann...
Just wanted yoiu to know we're thinking of you!! If you've been following the list you know that Lisa, Kitty, Donna and I, and maybe others, have been drinking to poodle health! I think we should add your health to the toasts!!
Here's to Jann!!
Barb and Cheers!